Magi: Sinbad no Bouken TV

This was perfect. Can't think of any way to fault it. It's a real shame it didn't attract more attention seeming it's Magi and so good. I really want a second season and there's enough content for it, but it's really hard to tell. The guys that made this are such a small studio, and it's hard to judge how profitable it was. One of the best things of the season.

4.5/5.

Btw, this should probably be moved to finished series?

2-13
This was overall good, but I actually found it to be a step down from the original series. I think it jumped around a little too much, there were a few times where I felt like I was missing something. Especially Episode 12 which seemed to cut off at the very end, rather than roll into the credits. I'm not sure if that is because 12-13 was originally a double episode, or what... Either way, where Episode 12 ended, and 13 picked up, was off-putting.

It's cool to get some more information on such an important character in the series, but as I mentioned, I felt like there wasn't enough tying everything together. Like, it was all kind of loosely pulled together to pander to the fandom.

I also don't think this series has as strong of a cast as the original. Nothing was particularly boring, but at the same time there were moments where I just didn't care one way or the other about what was happening.

Based on how this ended, presuming it performed well in sales, It would almost certainly need a sequel to finish telling everything that happened with him leading up to the events of the original plot. Ultimately, I should probably just start reading the Manga.

I watched the series, and then planned to watch the OVAs since there was only 4 of them, from my understanding. Should've read here first. LOL Guess I'll still watch them next, even though it appears I've already seen them...

I debated between 3.5 or 4 star rating, erratic pacing and plot gaps bothered me but I did enjoy these episodes. Sinbad is Sinbad! Sinbad has natural charm and charisma and I wanted to see more of his story and am hoping for another season. I was pleased with the secondary characters and was happy with their backstory and development - made them come to life and feel sympathetic toward them so I wanted more of them as well. 4 stars was my final rating choice.

Back