DAMN, That Anime Is Bad Club. (DTAB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well masochists it took four loong months and another failed weekly event, but we're finally back in fucking business. Even though the anime turned out to not be terrible at all the event was still a lot of fun and I thank everyone for showing up. This is a quirky OVA, but if you can think of anything to recommend it with then please add them. Reviews would be highly encouraged as well.

Anyway I think we're watching Usagai-Chan de Cue next, but I'll post officially about it tomorrow. I'm thinking we'll go with another Takena joint for the short. Probably Bloody Date or Pussycat.

I have to admit, it's a better love story than twilight. I cry every time and that rape face pig man, what a champ, even if he did lock her up in the first place.

Maybe he knew about Rape Wolf and hid her for her own safety while also living out his fantasy? And she didn't know because of miscommunication, his shyness about telling her and his inability to not say anything without having the most perfect rape face on so that warning her would sound rapey.

Well, it's clear now we need to watch Pussycat so we can parse through the complex actions and motivations of the kidnapping, rapey pig. This is our life now.

Maybe he knew about Rape Wolf and hid her for her own safety while also living out his fantasy? And she didn't know because of miscommunication, his shyness about telling her and his inability to not say anything without having the most perfect rape face on so that warning her would sound rapey.

Locking her up to protect her? That almost sounds like an M. Night Shyamalan twist to me. It's perfect.

Probably Rape Pig just wanted to protect her from Rape Wolf's boner tail.

On an unrelated note, I've had a philosoraptor moment while writing a review for Call me Tonight (still WIP). What if that plot twist at the end is a metaphor for STDs? You know, the one where

the delinquent girl turns into a monster in the call centre.

On an unrelated note, I've had a philosoraptor moment while writing a review for Call me Tonight (still WIP). What if that plot twist at the end is a metaphor for STDs? You know, the one where

the delinquent girl turns into a monster in the call centre.

So basically he's a premature ejaculator, turning into a monster = orgasm. He turns into a monster multiple times with that one girl, and eventually learns to control his transformation = practicing sex and overcoming his premature ejaculations. The girl never gets nude so you could say it's blowjobs/handjobs OR protected sex (clothes = cover)

Then he turns into a monster with a naked lady = orgasm during "actual" sex. He's only used to blowjobs/handjobs or unprotected sex, so he's not used to real, unprotected sex -> his premature ejaculation strikes back, and the lady is infected with his STD. The psychological damage that gives him makes him violent, so he attacks the girl and all those guys.

Then the girl he 'practiced' with convinces him it's ok, and he calms down.

I should probably rewatch the OVA and rewrite it as I watch to make more sense.

Suddenly, this show looks deeper than it actually is... I bet Freud would have a field day with this one

While I won't claim its a masterwork of depth and subtlety the OVA was definitely about anxieties over budding sexuality and the emphasis society places on it. Being a teenager with all the changes that come with that is taxing as it is, but then there's the way sex is obsessed over by society and it can become alienating and make people think they are some kind of freak or monster. In the OVA the guy is controlled by his desires to the extent that they turn him into a rampaging monster and he's afraid of what will happen if he ever lets his libido run free until he meets a hooker with a heart of gold the right woman and realizes his desires don't have to be selfish and one sided.

I don't know what any of that has to do with being possessed by alien animal collectors, though. The ending was dumb.

Okay great! We'll watch Pussy Cat and the first episode of Usagi-chan on Sunday the 31st of July at the usual time then. I'll see you masochists there.

How about Sideburn Resurrection?
https://www.anime-planet.com/anime/ninja-resurrection

Sounds like something we will enjoy.
''I mean, what could be more relaxing with your evening cup of herbal tea than a woman writhing in pain and distress, all the while the camera makes sure to capture the titillating jiggle of her boobies?!''
''Do you like gore? Do you like gore especially when it involves children? What about massive tits? '''

Gore + tits....all I need to hear, the children are a bonus ;p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back