The Steven Universe Thread

I missed the title card for it and the first minute or two but guess it was just the second half of the episode, if each episode is two 15 minute bits.
Oh. Yeah, you probably saw a rerun of either "Too Short To Ride" or "The New Lars". They always run the previous days episode after the new one.

Oh. Yeah, you probably saw a rerun of either "Too Short To Ride" or "The New Lars". They always run the previous days episode after the new one.

They do that? Dang. But at least it was a good episode they reran. Looked it up and it was "Barn Mates", gotta love Cartoon Network in Canada.

You try to kill him? Steven forgives.

You make Connie uncomfortable?
tumblr_inline_oar3cc5WaN1ti3b7l_540.png
You're on his permanent shit-list.

After pretty much forgetting she existed for a spell, I'm a fan of this.

Beach City Drift

This city has pretty much everything surrounding it.
Initial D references galore, which was fun, even the soundtrack felt more Eurobeat inspired than normal.

Kevin is a douche canoe, Stevonnie was pretty cool, and the message was a good one.

Better than the last episode for sure.

Yeah, the latest promo trailer was pretty much full of massive spoilers. That was annoying.

Speaking of.
Seems we're in for some really damn big stuff for him to care that much.

He even went as far as going to some forum that the main leakers apparently attend, and then pretty much begged them to at least not leak screen shots, though he realizes it's probably in vain.

Well, I sure will be making good use of the subreddit's new filtering system, and tumblr savior for the next three weeks.

Last edited:
Restaurant Wars
Man, Kofi is fucking scary!
Server Pearl & Garnet? That alone makes this episode worth it.
Anyways, this is the most filler SU has ever gotten, unless it is somehow actually working to transition into Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service. Guess we'll have to wait and see tomorrow.
Oh, and I just realized that Ronaldo's (ex)girlfriend is the cinema girl from Lion 2: The Movie.

Also, I'm guessing the title and content of the episode is vaguely referencing Food Wars.

Last edited:
The only thing I need a transition to is Wednesday. Cause that's when the good shit gets here. Enough with the human filler crap.

A dude I know on a different site said this, and I feel kinda slow that it totally flew past me.
I just realized reading the wiki, Steven doing mind control isn't a new power

he already used this power on one of the Watermelon Stevens

Restaurant Wars
Also, I'm guessing the title and content of the episode is vaguely referencing Food Wars.

Nah, the title is a reference to Top Chef, where the most popular challenge each season is call Restaurant War where all the contestants are broken up into two teams and each team has to open a restaurant in an absurdly limited amount of time. Then the judges pick which restaurant was their favorite. The episode just made the war part literal.

The episode was fine, but seeing
Pearl dressed as a waiter made the whole thing worth it.

"Kiki's Pizza Service Delivery"
It was better than Restaurant Wars, at least.

And the townie filler crap is over. Good stuff resumes tomorrow. Monster Reunion, get here quick!

Kiki's Pizza Delivery Service
Crackpot theory: This is how Steven will eventually heal Gem monsters. Diving into their inner minds to help confront their corruption. This episode serves as foreshadowing.

Anyways, this was a nice episode. Funny Evangelion reference near the end, too.
I, too, am hyped for the next episode. Been looking forward to that episode title for a loooong time.

Also, have anyone else seen these comics made by Zuke and some other storyboarders for SDCC?
tumblr_oawq4a3a9c1r6c7eoo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_oawq4a3a9c1r6c7eoo2_1280.jpg
And a bunch of others, apparently. xD

Back