What made or ruined your day?

parts of thisvid made my day and parts of this vid ruined my day

not going to say witch bits did what because by the time you have seen this 10 min vid you'l have points of your own
tho i think we can all agree that point 7 (i think its point 7) about anime is bollocks

Ughhh I found it difficult to watch all of that video and made it only to number 5. I think watching someone you don't agree with is a lot more difficult than listening to them live, as there is no opportunity for debate, and frustration builds.

I have to say growing up I would have agreed with his first point. That's because I grew up in an environment with no limitations on my ambitions as a woman and very little racial diversity. Anyone I met who wasn't Caucasian was extremely educated and part of the rarified air of the "international community" in Paris.

Now that I have wider experience and have gone looking for more information, I still think and strongly believe that we should judge others based on their character and not the colour of their skin. The problem is that too many of us do judge based on skin colour, or religion, or sexuality, or gender, and that until the average mental response swings enough the other way we need to take steps to protect the vulnerable.

everything went wrong for me today and i couldn't see why

bt then i put the pc on and checked the forums to see i had 13 likes , yikes 13 is an extremely unlucky number for me

aged 13 months , my brother spilt boiling water on me which has left me with a big burn scare on my upper left arm for life

aged 13 years i died in an ambulance of alcohol poisoning and was revived , tho i guess it depends on your point of view as to witch part of that is the bad bit , personally i wish they hadn't revived me, then my later drug problem wouldn't have destroyed my family and caused general sadness and havoc to those around me

this list goes on but i cba

WMMD: Barbecue On The River. Not only did I get to stuff my face with ribs, fried candy bars and a fried PB&J to top it off, it had my other favorite thing: Hot girls in jean shorts everywhere.

Best part of September.

Something that amused me more than made my day, when you get onto the subject of abortion, the crazies come out of the woodwork.

I was having a discussion with a pro-lifer who was actually decent in the Youtube comments section, but then some guy bounded in, immediately called me "libtard", and concluded every response of his with, "idiot".

I suppose I'm not well informed when it comes to these types of radical pro-life advocates. Nor do I like this whole "libs vs. conservatives" partisan politics that society is eating itself over. I struggle to define myself politically but it's instantly assumed that because I'm pro-choice then it's fair to call me a "libtard". I may share some ideals with liberals but I know I'm not what society generally refers to as liberal or libertarian. If anything I'm closer to anarcho-pluralism.

So I'm amused that people still paint in black and white. I raised a point earlier in the discussion that you could disagree with the act even if you support the woman's right to choose.

It's the kind of two-sided politics I'm trying to stay away from. This whole 2-party system is a load of bollocks.

So I'm amused that people still paint in black and white. I raised a point earlier in the discussion that you could disagree with the act even if you support the woman's right to choose.

It's the kind of two-sided politics I'm trying to stay away from. This whole 2-party system is a load of bollocks.

It's quite sad how many people still look at the world like it's black and white. For me, I'm just all over the place when it comes to life. If I agree with something or don't agree with it, then that's that. I've never belonged to any one group, whether it's about important issues or even hobbies. That's why I had friends in every clique at school.

When it comes to this election, I quite honestly would rather the third party candidates win than the ones we have now. And, even then, I'm seriously one of those people who would just rather have anarchy than the candidates we have to choose from. Politics is just stupid.

I wanted Bernie to win cause he spoke the truth, but of course no one wants to vote for someone who actually wants to make something happen *cough cough* lower student loan percentage rates *cough*. People just vote for idiots and big-named people or people who are different than the norm, even if they won't make a good president.

WMMD: Walking into work and having nothing to do at all in comparison to the usual non-stop work days I've been having.

And, while I sat there waiting for customers to show up, the prep cook comes in and is like "So, I heard you like video games. No one else in this store does. Wanna talk about em?!' and I was like "HALLELUJAH!" and spent the day chatting about RPGs such as Baldur's Gate and Neverwinter Nights and then MMOs, etc.

I love being a gamer because talking about games makes the day go by so fast and everyone you meet is so friendly when you talk about games no matter what game it is.

WRMD: Random ear issue all of a sudden and now I can only hear out of my right ear. Left is completely out of action. Great. Just in time for the weekend to end. Won't be able to drive if it's still like this tomorrow.

Hopefully the million remedies I just grabbed from the chemist will help...

parts of thisvid made my day and parts of this vid ruined my day

not going to say witch bits did what because by the time you have seen this 10 min vid you'l have points of your own
tho i think we can all agree that point 7 (i think its point 7) about anime is bollocks
End the alt right by being alt right?

WMMD I've lost enough weight that I can wear my engagement ring again! It still looks a bit tight on my finger, but only if you really look. I can take it on and off without forcing which is the main thing

WMMD I've lost enough weight that I can wear my engagement ring again! It still looks a bit tight on my finger, but only if you really look. I can take it on and off without forcing which is the main thing

That's awesome! I remember when I lost 15kg years ago, after a torrid period of weight oddness, I started losing my rings everywhere. Like, getting t-shirts out of the drawer and changing the rabbit's hay. It's the best and the worst. Well done on the effort! Keep at it :)

WMMD: Was at Utøya yesterday. First time in five years and two months. Time sure flies.
New buildings and monuments to the deceased, but I'm glad the island is still used as a camp. Turning it into a mausoleum would be dreadful. Everyone who died have their respective graves.
My friend's sister went there as well, and she handled it better than we had both hoped.
Also got to have a quick meeting with a friend who now goes to a nearby university whom I had not met in a couple of years. That was nice.

WMMD2: Back home. You have your charm, Oslo, but I wouldn't wanna live there.

WMMD3: Gonna have D&D session tonight already. And another one tomorrow, which has never happened before for schedules to align so well.

WMMD

i thought i had seen most of bill hicks work but i hadnt seen this clip tho i have seen him talk about drugs b4
anyway enjoy

bill was one of the best comics of all time imo

as an unrepentant pot smoker this cracked me up
havent laughed like that in prop 2 or 3 years

Everything seems to be coming up aces for me today. I got my housing situation worked out, I finally got to watch the Gakuen Handsome OVA, another episode of the talking fart anime got subbed and I had fun watching a super shit anime with DTAB. Today is one of those days that makes me think

tLHEtRS.jpg

WRMD

keep seeing these tv cooking shows where they cook a whole fish
so i got 2 trout , got the guy in the shop to gut and dehead them
been looking forward to having it all week

so i pan fried these 2 trout with butter and seasonings and served with some home made chips and mushy peas

the fish was awful , eeewww, it was revolting , dad loved it and ended up eating my fish as well as his

gutted , like i said id been looking forward to a nice home done fish n chips
ended up having a microwave korma and nan bread

WRMD

keep seeing these tv cooking shows where they cook a whole fish
so i got 2 trout , got the guy in the shop to gut and dehead them
been looking forward to having it all week

so i pan fried these 2 trout with butter and seasonings and served with some home made chips and mushy peas

the fish was awful , eeewww, it was revolting , dad loved it and ended up eating my fish as well as his

gutted , like i said id been looking forward to a nice home done fish n chips
ended up having a microwave korma and nan bread
Trout usually needs soaking overnight in very cold water, otherwise it tastes pretty muddy.

WRMD: people are dicks

omg , hope he's ok , hope your ok
Cheers dude, he's had a stent put in and he seems fine when I saw him a couple of hours ago, fortunately we found him really soon after it happened and the paramedics turned up super quick, so he was trelated within half hour of having the attack.

He's always been a highly strung person anyway, but recent events just seemed to tip him over the edge.

Back