Your Personal Favorite OP & ED?

I'd almost swear that nearly every Viz Media tape I watched had this song advertising the 1st Ranma movie, Big Trouble in Nekonron, China.

It's Love - ED

Which, it was definitely used on every single Ranma tape. Of which, I have the dub tapes, thus, I grew up watching Ranma dubbed. So, there's this from the OVA series.

Love Panic! - OP1

Been a morning of strolling down Nostalgia Lane.

I love this so much for the same reasons. Ranma 1/2 was my first ever 'independently sourced' anime (i.e. one of the only VHS anime available at my local video rental as a kid, so I rented them out every opportunity I had). So many memories.

In terms of mine, I used to skip the openings and endings, but then I heard the opening for Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. I stopped skipping. I now have a policy of 'at least one listen' for each. Now I have a steadily growing list, and my music taste can be a bit fussy/niche.

Obvious Honourable Mention to the entire soundtrack to Berserk

Mainly because I happen to like girls on boats doing manly things I present you with my two favorite animes that aren't High on the list but they're still up there.

I just rewatched Cat Soup and especially the ED version is great where it sounds like a music box also incombination with that vacation video. Simple but great. I wish I could find it in HD.

Fun fact, it is digital animation, suck on that Berserk.

I forgot if I or somebody else already mentioned Watashi.

Its bad....but I like it ;p

Last edited:
So many great choices posted on this forum, so far!

I'm definitely a huge fan of "Ride On Shooting Star" (FLCL), the first Durarara! Opening song, and the Witch Hunter Robin Opening [They were mentioned, so I won't bother posting them even though they are in my top favorites list] as well as the Death Parade Opening, "Lilium" from Elfen Lied, and the Ghost In the Shell: Stand Alone Complex Season 1 Opening, [Which were also mentioned].

Great opening songs that weren't mentioned, that I love listening to over and over again are:

"Fade"- Deadman Wonderland Opening

Excel Saga Opening

"Obsession"- .hack//SIGN

Last edited:
Great Ending songs that weren't mentioned, that I love listening to over and over again are:

"Lithium Flower"- Ghost in the Shell S.A.C. Ending 1

"I'm Alive"- Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji Ending 1

"My Will"- InuYasha Season 1 Ending

"Fukai Mori" Inuyasha Ending 2

No one has mentioned Toradora, for shame.

Also, even though this isn't an OP or an ED, it's amazing:

Somebody probably already posted it already, but whatevs:

This opening still gets me pretty nostalgic after all these years and it was one of the first anime I marathoned with a friend of mine. KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE.

Also, can't forget that Gakuen Handsome OP:

On a more serious note, an OP I haven't seen mentioned yet:

I totally forgot Knights of Sidonia! Such an awesome show. <3 I loved the manga and the show. Just found a shirt of it for $1 at Hot Topic and I wore it to a Blaqk Audio concert and someone was like 'OMG! Talk about a knock-off of Muse.' and I went "Does that look even remotely close to Knights of Cydonia?"

Tiger Mask W's super duper retro OP got me kind of moist.

Man, that is so 70s. I love it.

First episode was fun if you like ham and cheese.

Back