Turn A Gundam

My favorite Gundam anime of all time.

It has the usual Tomino weirdness and there's not much action since it's a very character-driven show but overall Turn A is beautiful. The ending is really touching and one of the best things in the entire franchise. Shame this series gets a bad rap because of its super slow pacing and because of how different it is from the rest of the franchise. At times, Turn A feels more like Ghibli than Gundam and I guess that doesn't sit right with some people.

Oh and the music. The music is just great. One of Yoko Kanno's best works. Tsuki no Mayu will forever remain as my favorite Gundam ED of all time.

My favorite Gundam anime of all time.

It has the usual Tomino weirdness and there's not much action since it's a very character-driven show but overall Turn A is beautiful. The ending is really touching and one of the best things in the entire franchise. Shame this series gets a bad rap because of its super slow pacing and because of how different it is from the rest of the franchise. At times, Turn A feels more like Ghibli than Gundam and I guess that doesn't sit right with some people.

Oh and the music. The music is just great. One of Yoko Kanno's best works. Tsuki no Mayu will forever remain as my favorite Gundam ED of all time.

Preach it Brother! My favorite also.

I love how this is a Gundam that felt more like an adventure story than a war story. Throughout, it left you with a feeling of awe and wonder rather than suspense or worry or anger. I know all Gundam's tend to be coming of age stories, but this really felt like one.

That ED is one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear in anime.

I seem to be one of the few people that loved Sochie though.

Last edited:
I only watched the first two episodes so far.
I went in thinking, even if the show is mediocre, Yokko Kanno made the music. And thats how I felt coming out of it. Still going to watch the rest but yeash it starts out like a poor anime.

The pacing was just beyond trash in the first two episodes, felt like they made a first draft, said lets fill in details later, and then forgot and animated what they had. Story does not start in medias res, nor does it have a lick of exposition. We jump into the future with out any proper transition leaving your brain scrambling for a solid 30 seconds trying to figure out what just happened because the dialog gives little to no indication of motivation for events, or why they are doing a thing.

The premise makes less sense then any gundam (other then G) as well. Post apocalypse becomes post Victorian. They are aware of people on the moon, even if the moon people tried to keep people on earth from getting advanced tech, Earth still would not be this far behind. And then Giant robots out of no where. Things are not meshing here at all.

Edit
Ep 3&4
This is just dumb. Moon people are surprised earth people are defending themselves? Moon people have sudden in explainable knowledge of Turn A. Do they have a mole in the Miltia? They only know earth has something, they are not supposed to know that it has a mustash. Also, wtf the morning after what do they mean the battle is still going on. How are there continuity issues this early on.
My point of this being a first draft after a brainstorm session that they forgot was required heavy editing stands strong.

And the title to worlds dumbest politician goes to the eldar who thinks making peace talks impossible will justify his family dieing. Like this is not drama its face desk material.

This shit is dumb in an annoying way. What the fuck was Yoshiyuki Tomino doing? This looks like the first thing he did after Garzy's wing, did he just lose his mind? is he surrounded by yes men?

Last edited:
Episode 5

Im not sure what everyone is seeing in this show.
Actually I guess its the charachters, but the politics... my god the politics and war tactics are dumb. Characters dont understand what they are doing instigates a reaction and or will get themselves killed. You dont try to take out a tank with a jeep, and thats when they keep trying to do.

Back