Daily Manga Thoughts 2: The Return

Akumu no Sumu Ie - Ghost Hunt (Ghost Hunt 2) - has been getting some fairly quick updates lately which was surprising cause translations stalled out for a year. Hope it continues.

DMT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pinoff-manga-about-yamcha-as-the-hero/.109822

So Yamcha's getting his own spin-off, maybe he won't be such a loser this time lol

tumblr_ohzzhiQK9R1sq4537o1_1280.jpg

That kid sure has his work cut out for him.

Screw it, I'm gonna cave in and just go watch that baseball episode. Despite having not watched anything Dragonball in years, that looks genuinely funny.

Well, it's the one episode of Super I can recommend without any reservations. It's a funny episode and probably the best pure filler episode of the franchise. I don't know how they did it, but the Super crew pulled a great episode out of their ass.

There have been a couple of marginal bright spots in Super, but I can't really recommend those because they come smack in the middle of arc of dubious quality. This on the other hand is a stand alone episode, so as long as you know Yamcha is a punkass the characters then you're good to go.
Seriously though the episode is a non-stop parade of humiliation for Yamcha. He wins the game in the most humiliating way possible.

DMT:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...pinoff-manga-about-yamcha-as-the-hero/.109822

So Yamcha's getting his own spin-off, maybe he won't be such a loser this time lol
The biggest challenge in his path is to stop himself from getting cucked by the same dude who tried to annihilate the planet a few years prior.

Apparently this is the first new project being put forth by the Dragon Ball Department. I was kind of hoping for some cool side-stories on specific characters that detail some gaps in the lore but I'm good with this.

DMT:

>Monthly manga I've caught up with finally gets an update months later
>awyeah.jpg
>No idea what the fuck is going on any more and have to back track a couple of chapters

Because the torturous anticipation wasn't frustrating enough.

DMT:

>Monthly manga I've caught up with finally gets an update months later
>awyeah.jpg
>No idea what the fuck is going on any more and have to back track a couple of chapters

Because the torturous anticipation wasn't frustrating enough.

That sucks. I Know how that feels... hope things go better from now on.

DMT:

I finished reading a romance oneshot in a 4 oneshot collection called Aibu de Jirashite this afternoon during lunch and I immediately felt the need to tear it to shreds... But it felt wrong to write a review for just one (the second one) of the oneshots within the volume when the other ones were not horrible just really dull so writing reviews for them would be boring.... Oh well.

DMT: The Gamer has gotten pretty fucking dull. Almost none of it is about the stuff that used to be fun. Now it's just yet another "living in an MMO" series, with a bunch of nonsensical villain characters that are as stale as week old crackers left in the sun.

Edit: Also, apparently the series has ended, too.

DMT: The Gamer has gotten pretty fucking dull. Almost none of it is about the stuff that used to be fun. Now it's just yet another "living in an MMO" series, with a bunch of nonsensical villain characters that are as stale as week old crackers left in the sun.

Edit: Also, apparently the series has ended, too.
yeah, I dropped it at the start of season 3 because I couldn't stand that class pres...

It's not ended though - not sure where you're looking but anime-planet has split the seasons (currently season 3 is ongoing).

DMT:Fu-Fu is off to a nice start. I don't know how I feel about the accents the girls use. I mean they don't sound very Japanese ( the main characters look Japanese?), but its good to know Japan is taking inspiration from America, in terms, of entertainment and media ^^
So far its pretty nice!~

Re-reading The Breaker just so I can finish New Waves once and for all. The art is not as breathraking as I remember (I blame Berserk for all my drawing snobness). But remains one hell of a story and characters.

DMT:

Bitter Virgin was actually a pretty good read for me, and it was really surprising how maturely it handled it's heavy subject matter. I mean, it's usually rare, this kind of thing is ever done in a manner, that doesn't feel gratuitous or forceful, but this is one of the few I think that get it right.

DMT2:

Ugh, Maou no Hajimekata is pretty fucking awful, and may be the most edgelord fantasy manga I've seen yet. Honestly, this is practically hentai, with an MC that rapes people on a regular basis. This is the definition of uncomfortable and unpleasant.

Last edited:
DMT2:

Ugh, Maou no Hajimekata is pretty fucking awful, and may be the most edgelord fantasy manga I've seen yet. Honestly, this is practically hentai, with an MC that rapes people on a regular basis. This is the definition of uncomfortable and unpleasant.
*Skims*
Well this totally isn't the most pathetic power fantasy I've seen in a while.
Seems like it's just a subpar hentai that wanted to be something "more."

Back