Akame ga KILL!

So guys, I just wanted to ask, is it worth catching up right now? I heard it's been going in the direction of the anime though, and that sounds pretty discouraging.

So guys, I just wanted to ask, is it worth catching up right now? I heard it's been going in the direction of the anime though, and that sounds pretty discouraging.
It's generally the same as what the anime would've likely done with more episodes give or take a few noteworthy deviations. In its favor, the big upheaval ends up being a lot more fleshed out than it was in the anime since there are more targets to kill off than just the Prime Minister. It hasn't touched anything from the final episode yet either so it might end up being much different/better than that dumpster fire.

The problem for me is that it's still Akame ga Kill! and since I never really liked this series it makes it hard to care for it even when it isn't screwing up. that and still prefer to not have to deal with this much overlap even if it is admittedly handling this final arc better.

While it is going in the direction of the anime things are better fleshed out in this version and it's not as insultingly stupid. Mecha emperor is still really silly though.

However, you'd probably be better off waiting until it ends before catching up because reading it chapter to chapter feels pretty slow at the moment. There's a lot of action in this arc which takes up the majority of each chapter so the plot is progressing pretty slowly.

Chapter 73:

Did mecha emperor just shoot fucking human size bees out of his mouth? The fuck.

I did like Wave showing up and his little flashback to his conversation with Kurome. Those two are my favorites from this manga.

74:

Unless there's some sort of extreme drawback to that final power-up, Tatsumi confirmed for not dying I guess.

74:

Unless there's some sort of extreme drawback to that final power-up, Tatsumi confirmed for not dying I guess.
he already doesn't look all that human anymore, so i'm guessing it will have serious drawbacks. Enough to kill him? Maybe.

Imo it was a pretty cool chapter for once. It also seemed to be longer than normal? In any case I'm ready for all this crap to be wrapped up.

>Plot armor
You seem to forget this is Akame ga Kill! we're talking about
>plot-healing
Her teigu was destroyed so that would be impossible. Cat is kill brah
This chapter almost confirmed I was right, I'm afraid :/

Also, I see it happening that Incursio somehow evolves to beat the curse, or only the dragon part dies or some dumb shit like that
Blegh

Urgh, this has to be one of the dullest final fights I've ever read. Having seen the anime ending and knowing common shounen tropes is enough for even a 12-year old to write this.

>Plot armor
You seem to forget this is Akame ga Kill! we're talking about
>plot-healing
Her teigu was destroyed so that would be impossible. Cat is kill brah
Plot armor saved both Tatsumi and Leone. Leone was expected, but the crap they pulled with Tatsumi is stupid af and feels really fanservice-y

78:

That was an extremely clean ending. Everyone got exactly what they deserved. Especially Honest, everyone got a piece of him!

No real surprises besides the one inside of Mine. The idea that her and Tatsumi fucked seems a little retconned but I can buy it. That kid is sure to have a dope life. How many xan boast to having a dragon dad fly them in to school every morning?

Akame gets a pretty OK ending too.I wasn't a fan of how the anime persecuted her for the actions leading up to the revolution since no one left alive should actually give a shit since all of her targets were a direct part of or in bed with the cancer rotting their country from the inside. She still has a debilitating curse, but she can still go back home without anyone looking for a bounty on her.

Leone's final scene was functionally the same as was in the anime but contextually it made more sense. Fusing with that danger beast (which was sort of an asspull but that's not the point) didn't fix her up so much as it made her a powerful walking corpse that was already beyond saving. In the anime she just let her wounds go untreated for no reason.

It was an OK ending but I still think series was bad. The setting felt both extremely undercooked (moreso in the anime) to the point where none of the locations have actual names. Not to mention it's anachronistic to the point of feeling messy and random at times.

There's not really a ton to the overall narrative either. Just bog standard JRPG plot with disquieting amounts of pointless edgelord nonsense for some quick and easy flavoring. Only upgrading from a 3 to 4/10 on this one.

78:

That was an extremely clean ending. Everyone got exactly what they deserved. Especially Honest, everyone got a piece of him!

No real surprises besides the one inside of Mine. The idea that her and Tatsumi fucked seems a little retconned but I can buy it. That kid is sure to have a dope life. How many xan boast to having a dragon dad fly them in to school every morning?

Akame gets a pretty OK ending too.I wasn't a fan of how the anime persecuted her for the actions leading up to the revolution since no one left alive should actually give a shit since all of her targets were a direct part of or in bed with the cancer rotting their country from the inside. She still has a debilitating curse, but she can still go back home without anyone looking for a bounty on her.

Leone's final scene was functionally the same as was in the anime but contextually it made more sense. Fusing with that danger beast (which was sort of an asspull but that's not the point) didn't fix her up so much as it made her a powerful walking corpse that was already beyond saving. In the anime she just let her wounds go untreated for no reason.

It was an OK ending but I still think series was bad. The setting felt both extremely undercooked (moreso in the anime) to the point where none of the locations have actual names. Not to mention it's anachronistic to the point of feeling messy and random at times.

There's not really a ton to the overall narrative either. Just bog standard JRPG plot with disquieting amounts of pointless edgelord nonsense for some quick and easy flavoring. Only upgrading from a 3 to 4/10 on this one.
This pretty much sums up my feelings too.
Leone's fused design was awesome though :O pity we got to see so little of it.
And Honest's death... makes me think of the manga Harem End XD

Mine being brought back is nice I guess, but the way it's done is totally dumb. In any case, Suzuka x Hand is the OTP in this manga
Overall this ending is ok I guess, and better than what most manga deliver, but it's just so by-the-numbers that it's totally unimpressive. Not raising my score - final total 4/10

I just finished this today and I thought the ending was pretty decent. It wasn't overly cheery, but the main characters mostly ended up in better places.
My only question is it said that Tatsumi and Mine had kids plural, so does that mean that she was pregnant with more than one brat at the end or did some freaky human on dragon sex happen after she had the first kid?

Overall, the manga was inconsistent for me. There were some really good arcs, a few great characters and some interesting story ideas. However, there were also some terrible arcs, terrible characters and when the manga turned the edge up to 11, it got really annoying to read sometimes. The whole Wild Hunt arc was just painful to read through, and the PM's son was complete garbage. Also,
Lubbock's death was horribly executed.

However, I'll be leaving this manga behind with some good memories. I've had fun discussing it warts and all with people. I think Esdeath was a great villain and Kurome and Wave's twisted romance was pretty sweet. There were a few great fights and the Teigu had some interesting powers.

I'll give it a 6 out of 10

My only question is it said that Tatsumi and Mine had kids plural, so does that mean that she was pregnant with more than one brat at the end or did some freaky human on dragon sex happen after she had the first kid?

I can only imagine, all the weird bestiality hentai doujins now, it'll be glorious.

I just finished this today and I thought the ending was pretty decent. It wasn't overly cheery, but the main characters mostly ended up in better places.
Well, Japanese does have that weird thing where plural single are the same, but apparently for "child" vs "children" they're more specific. I'd hold off on having an actual judgment until there's an official translation though

Overall, the manga was inconsistent for me. There were some really good arcs, a few great characters and some interesting story ideas. However, there were also some terrible arcs, terrible characters and when the manga turned the edge up to 11, it got really annoying to read sometimes. The whole Wild Hunt arc was just painful to read through, and the PM's son was complete garbage. Also,
Lubbock's death was horribly executed.

However, I'll be leaving this manga behind with some good memories. I've had fun discussing it warts and all with people. I think Esdeath was a great villain and Kurome and Wave's twisted romance was pretty sweet. There were a few great fights and the Teigu had some interesting powers.

I'll give it a 6 out of 10

for me personally, there wasn't enough good stuff to cancel out the crap. Esdeath's presence made me give this a 4/10, otherwise it would probably be a 2 or something (I can't even imagine how boring this would have been without her)

There was just so much badly executed here, even among the decent ideas. 

Back