Daily Anime Thoughts

With all the depictions of eating crepes.........it just had to be real..........like the legendary cutlas sandwich or what ever it's called.

I saw that one in the music video for school rumble's 2nd opening so I figure that was confirmation enough.

DAT: Man, if anime is to be believed, the Japanese sure fucking love Crepes.
*Researches*
Yes, it apparently is a thing there.

You can't believe everything you see in anime, though. They had mahjong lessons at the local library once and my Akagi fantasies were utterly crushed. Apparently it's "rude" to dramatically slam down every tile, "annoying" when I narrate every move and spend ten minutes monologuing about my options, "weird" when I suggest we start betting vials of blood and "unsportsmanlike" when I declare ron like this.

Well, excuse the fuck out of me for trying to make your lives more exciting.

DAT: It's pretty rad how Madhouse has managed to get back on its feet after Mappa was created. We now basically have two Madhouses. xD

DAT: It's pretty rad how Madhouse has managed to get back on its feet after Mappa was created. We now basically have two Madhouses. xD

Dunno about that. Madhouses output lately has been pretty poor. They've had down periods before and hopefully they can bounce back. However, the animation for their recent shows has been terrible with both ACCA and All Out being full of still frames and panning shots. It's especially bad for All Out because it doesn't capture the power of rugby players. If there's any anime where you need to be able to feel the bone crunching hits, it'd be All Out.

Right now MAPPA>Madhouse.

Those shows were bad, but the animation quality was pretty good, above average really. ACCA couldn't stand next to sunday without God on sheer animation quality.

DAT: dey told me dis show wud hav ghey, but all the bros hav limbs n' heds proportional to dei's bodies, an' no dagger-sharp chins at all.
No lezbians on ice either.
wat a ripoff.

DAT2: I really like to imagine all the sports anime that aren't completely superhuman to be taking place in the same setting.

DAT3: Wait, why are characters of Russian origin seemingly always gray/silver haired these days?

Last edited:
So is there an official explanation for the intro to original JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA? I mean it seems a bit odd that an OVA adapting Stardust Crusaders would show the origin of the Stone Mask even though it's only a tangential plot point by then.

So is there an official explanation for the intro to original JoJo's Bizarre Adventure OVA? I mean it seems a bit odd that an OVA adapting Stardust Crusaders would show the origin of the Stone Mask even though it's only a tangential plot point by then.
The OVA in general is a bit of a mess, the intro is one of many questions it made me ask.

Back