Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches

Re: Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo (manga)

So I randomly picked this up, literally basically clicked random and bam this shit pops up, so I ran through it in a day; got caught up and all I have to say is:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKING GODDAMIT.:flip::flip::flip:

This series had me hooked with the last few chapters. Cannot flip tables any fucking harder. Hurry up and kiss shiraishi goddammit.

tumblr_m7n5nzilvk1r94qivo1_500.gif

?

Now go pick up Shokugeki no Soma as well and get hooked on that.
It should increase your faith in the ability of Weekly Shounen Jump to still have good series besides One Piece.

Just saw this thread, and wanted to say I really like this manga. It was amazing up to ch 90, and I kinda wish it coulda ended there
with all the powers gone and Yamada and Shiraishi finally together

What came after is still good, mainly because the art and the characters themselves are so good. The plot isn't as strong anymore, and feels a bit forced sometimes, like the editors said "this is selling, we can't let it end here, keep writing!"

They should have end the manga with the first set of witch....anyway i can't wait to watch the anime this Spring

Someone else has to be reading this.

This series has really slowed down. I pretty much agree with the above, this should have ended already. I mean, it still has its moments, but it's nowhere near the same as it used to be. :hamster:

Quite admirable Yamada. This series does have great one liners.

What is this even? Like the fourth/fifth set of witches? I've lost count.

I'm still mildly upset that Yamada and Urara had a moment where Yamada dropped the ball on sexy times, and Urara was clearly upset and then the next chapter basically ignored that/resolved it without any confrontation. I mean, rehashing witches and powers is one thing, but when did the development of the main couple shift to the back burner?

This series has finally ended. Finally.

I have such a bittersweet time with this series. I first discovered it when the Anime came out just a little while back, and hoo boy, it was quite a ride. After a couple of episodes I hit the Manga hard and was so hyped for this series. Unfortunately, the Anime kind of dropped the ball in the last couple of episodes, but the Manga sure as hell didn't. The first arc, especially in the manga, is extremely satisfying, and it just makes you want to know what will happen next. The mystery aspects are very enthralling.

Unfortunately, the series tends to drag a little bit too long I think. After the first arc, we get a very similar second arc, and, even more unfortunately, an all too similar third arc. Considering that the series has always been pretty fair about including both sexes in the fold. Ultimately having a set of "male" witches wasn't a bad leap, but at that point in the series, it just felt like, what the hell are we even trying to accomplish right now? I think having so many different witches was a bit of a folly. It pulled focus from the main plot, which started to lose merit in the middle.

As such, I had this on my stall list for quite awhile now. Once I hit Chapter 200, the series just felt exhausting. I couldn't keep pushing through week after week with no ending in sight. So, I waited until now, when the series has ended, and have just spent the last couple of hours marathoning the rest of the chapters. The ending was surprisingly good. And, I have to say, overall, the final 30 or so chapters of the manga feels more in tune with what the beginning of the series started out as.

In terms of characters, probably the best aspect of this series is YamdaxMiyamura. I mean, the driving force of this series, YamadaxShiraishi is very well done as well, very endearing. But, the YamadaxMiyamura moments are so well done, that it's basically a whole other driving force of the series. They have such a well balance of romance and humor. Even in the later chapters of the series, it never felt like what they were doing got stale. These three characters may be some of my most favorite characters of all time.

The characters are definitely the reason to continue this series. As the best part of the plot is basically out the window after the first arc. Seeing what the characters do, and where they end up was the entire reason I wanted to finish this series. I became very invested in them. Although, one of the smartest things the author did was speculate that the "witch powers" that essentially drive the entire story, were fake. As that adds at least some depth to the series. It becomes a very different story if you're reading it, not taking it in a literal sense. Just as a basic example, the initial abilities of the main character was to swap bodies. So if witch powers don't exist, and swapping bodies isn't happening... the characters are choosing to act like/pretend that they have switched bodies. That is an entirely different level.

If you've seen the anime, but haven't picked up the manga, I highly suggest picking up the manga. Especially now that the series is over, as it's something that could be marathon'd pretty easily over one weekend (243 Chapters).

Considering how much of a slog the middle part was, I'm a little torn with how I should rate this. It's most definitely somewhere between 4 & 4.5 out of 5.

This series has finally ended. Finally.

I have such a bittersweet time with this series. I first discovered it when the Anime came out just a little while back, and hoo boy, it was quite a ride. After a couple of episodes I hit the Manga hard and was so hyped for this series. Unfortunately, the Anime kind of dropped the ball in the last couple of episodes, but the Manga sure as hell didn't. The first arc, especially in the manga, is extremely satisfying, and it just makes you want to know what will happen next. The mystery aspects are very enthralling.

Unfortunately, the series tends to drag a little bit too long I think. After the first arc, we get a very similar second arc, and, even more unfortunately, an all too similar third arc. Considering that the series has always been pretty fair about including both sexes in the fold. Ultimately having a set of "male" witches wasn't a bad leap, but at that point in the series, it just felt like, what the hell are we even trying to accomplish right now? I think having so many different witches was a bit of a folly. It pulled focus from the main plot, which started to lose merit in the middle.

As such, I had this on my stall list for quite awhile now. Once I hit Chapter 200, the series just felt exhausting. I couldn't keep pushing through week after week with no ending in sight. So, I waited until now, when the series has ended, and have just spent the last couple of hours marathoning the rest of the chapters. The ending was surprisingly good. And, I have to say, overall, the final 30 or so chapters of the manga feels more in tune with what the beginning of the series started out as.

In terms of characters, probably the best aspect of this series is YamdaxMiyamura. I mean, the driving force of this series, YamadaxShiraishi is very well done as well, very endearing. But, the YamadaxMiyamura moments are so well done, that it's basically a whole other driving force of the series. They have such a well balance of romance and humor. Even in the later chapters of the series, it never felt like what they were doing got stale. These three characters may be some of my most favorite characters of all time.

The characters are definitely the reason to continue this series. As the best part of the plot is basically out the window after the first arc. Seeing what the characters do, and where they end up was the entire reason I wanted to finish this series. I became very invested in them. Although, one of the smartest things the author did was speculate that the "witch powers" that essentially drive the entire story, were fake. As that adds at least some depth to the series. It becomes a very different story if you're reading it, not taking it in a literal sense. Just as a basic example, the initial abilities of the main character was to swap bodies. So if witch powers don't exist, and swapping bodies isn't happening... the characters are choosing to act like/pretend that they have switched bodies. That is an entirely different level.

If you've seen the anime, but haven't picked up the manga, I highly suggest picking up the manga. Especially now that the series is over, as it's something that could be marathon'd pretty easily over one weekend (243 Chapters).

Considering how much of a slog the middle part was, I'm a little torn with how I should rate this. It's most definitely somewhere between 4 & 4.5 out of 5.
I had heard the manga gets a bit too repetitive. It's a shame really as I had a very good time with the anime and had thought about giving the manga a try but that middle bit is very off putting.

This went from a great manga to an average one very quickly. Watching it go downhill was frustrating.

Back