Little Witch Academia TV

Episode 7:

V35lh83.jpg

IwsAOPj.jpg

Like having to sit through Unlimited Bladeworks? These witches don't fuck around.

0oW9Ges.jpg

rcHtXg6.png

These two should meet. They'd get along pretty well. Nice reference there.

Broom dancer definitely sounds like some kind of witch stripper.

Sucy is so dedicated to mushrooms that she even drinks mushroom juice. Gross.

Love that the thing that gets over her despair, because she wants to spite Diana. Although, Diana wasn't wrong Akko did leave the school to save the fish.

I like the lesson at the heart of this episode. Learning from your failures is an essential part of life. It's one of the most important lessons you can learn. Akko learning it this soon is a huge sign of progress, but it also means we'll get to see more hilarious fails from her in the future, so really it's a win for both of us.

The growing relationship between Akko and Ursula is nice. Although it's not being focused on Akko is influencing Ursula as well. The professor has lost her mojo and needs a bit of Akko's passion and fire, while Akko needs a bit of Ursula's common sense and experience.

Akko once again makes it through by the skin of her teeth. Although, it seems like she's got a new friend in Professor Fishy now. It's always good to have more allies. Akko gets a bit of safety for her good deed. The school is too desperate for good press to kick her out now. Doesn't mean she won't have to keep working her ass off, though.

The episode teaches a tried and true lesson. It doesn't try to reinvent the wheel, but it executes the concept with a verve and humor. The uniqueness of the setting, the references and the little touches give it plenty of personality to differentiate from all the others that use a similar plot. Great episode.

Episode 7

So, if Akko managed to learn fish talk by turning into a merman and interacting with fishes does it mean she could learn bird talk by turning herself into a bird and talking with the rest of the birds? That'd definitely be quite an effective and groundbreaking learning method.

And who the fuck has a test where a student uses magic to change the properties of an edible item magically, and then the examinator eats it?! You know that a "bad grade" can turn up something potentially dangerous!

Or worse, imagine a student is fed up with that teacher and turns it into an hallucinogen apple. The teacher would end up spending a few hours tripping

Even Chris would be impressed by those moves

Last edited:
Akko's biggest mistake this episode was going study when she could have been watching cheesy 50s style horror movies on Constance's magic projector. That sounds like a blast. I wonder if the magic world has its version of Ed Wood.

Also, the danger of the taste test kind of reminds me of all those movies and TV shows where cops test if the drugs are real by tasting them.

08:

YES,YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES.

So happy, I could die right now, SUUUUCCCCCCY CENTERED EPISOOOOOODE! So much fucking Sucy!

akko.gif

Of course Sucy, has the most ridiculous, and drug addled episode for her, and it was motherfucking awesomness. I had way too much fun with this episode.

BATTER UP:
l4j4nnl.gif

Not sure, where I can even begin, with this, because I was drooling like an idiot the whole way and it's too difficult for me to pick a favorite part, but I will say, the animation was so batshit nuts here, I loved every second of it. The Sucy trial, the glorious black and white film(Diiiiissssneeeeey!), and freaky monstrous Sucy, chasing after them intensely. There wasn't anything I didn't find brilliant here. There were a ton of references this episode too. Overloaded to the utter max. (Dat Akira reference....)

KKViXzFl.jpg

Too bad, I gots denied my yuri kiss though, fuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-----. :flip:

That dragon's reaction faces, were totally all the shippers out there.

One of the best damn episodes yet for me, for pure fun factor. You get a Sucy, everybody gets a Sucy. Man, I can't even think straight right now, because my brain has exploded too hard and my body was not ready. This was Trigger, at their most Triggerest, and being as unrestrained, as possible.

Last edited:
Episode 8:

What an utterly brilliant episode.

Watching this episode made me think that LWA has been excellent so far, it's been missing that spice of Gainax-esque pure weirdness and crazy energy. Sure, there's been a lot of memorable gags, weird little moments and the action scenes are always frantic, but all the episodes have followed a pretty standard structure and told pretty standard stories. They've been executed great and I've got no complaints about them.

However, with this episode Trigger let their roots show and delivered a rush of crazy, frantic weirdness for 20 minutes and it was perfect. This is an episode that reminds me of madcap shows like FLCL. A constant barrage of images and jokes that almost feels like an assault to the senses. Jokes and references fly thick and fast, and yet it all works together as a cohesive whole. What really makes me admire this episode is that it comes with a point and actually has something to say about the wonder that is the human mind. The episode also takes the opportunity to flesh out Sucy in a way that's perfectly in line with her personality and it paints much more well rounded picture of the character, than the mostly one dimensional albeit fun character she's been so far.

The episode starts off with Sucy trying to ruin the anime, but at least she realizes at the last second that making Akko a competent witch would be boring. It was a nice meta joke to start off the episode. Making Akko normal wouldn't just make Sucy's life boring, but would make the show boring for the audience.

This episode was quite Freudian. Akko saving those buddy emotions let Sucy's ID run wild and create all kinds of chaos in Sucy's weird and wonderful inner world. It's the job of the super ego to hold these budding impulses in check, which the courtroom represented nicely.
hfIdrm3.jpg

EJm4D66.jpg

Yeah, it's just the most basic psychology, but it's presented in such a fun way and makes a larger point about people being a lot more complex than what is just shown on the outside. It's also used to show how Sucy really feels about Akko.

It all comes together with a fun climax and a nice little tease for the show's fans.

NFzMk0g.jpg

Pearl was a student?

KyFbPoR.jpg

Pyramid Head's early years?

Fucking hell, that was absolutely the best episode yet of an already brilliant show. I'm gonna rewatch it a bit later and post more.

Also, dat Eva reference.
And Akira reference
and Disney
and everything else

I don't quite get it.

I think those flowers are lillies, which are used in Japan to represent lesbianism in the same way roses represents homosexuality between two dudes. Judging from Damias' following post it looks like I'm wrong. Now I don't get what he means either =/

Last edited:
I don't blame you. I didn't notice it after my 3rd re-watch.
Of all the Lucy's shown this episode, she was the only one that had her left eye shown instead of the usual right. So something had to be up. Though the flowers Nick brought up could also be foreshadowing of what persona this Lucy was which I didn't payed attention to. Figured it was out of gesture. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Back