Daily Anime Marathon Club!

SpanglishJC

Welcome to the Daily Anime Marathon Club!
Join us! Leave a comment in here, in the marathon chat or on my, ChalamiuS', XMyNiceguyX's or Nicknames' profile!
The older sibling of the Daily Manga Marathon Club (DMMC)
Marathon Schedule
Marathon Silly Stats

We have a discord group! You do not need the app and can use the browser if you wish. Click here to join --> https://discord.gg/sSPYvpw
You will be assigned a role once you are a confirmed member of the DAMC.

There is also an Anime Planet official discord group! To join all you have to do is hover over your user profile icon in the top left corner of the screen and click 'Discord chat'. Alternatively, scrolling to the bottom of any page on Anime Planet and clicking the discord icon under 'Follow us at'.

In this club we pick something each day and watch it to completion. Sounds like quite the chore right? Well do not worry, everything that we pick for this marathon will usually not exceed 75 to 80 minutes in length whilst also usually being no shorter than 15 minutes.

The anime marathon is run by the three founders: myself, XMrNiceguyX and ChalamiuS along with our admins Nicknames and Kiruti. Picks are rotated between the founders and the admins; mixed in with the surviving members' picks from the previous marathon.

We will announce the start time to a marathon in the thread.

Why was this club started?
Well to answer that some backstory, that's definitely not boring and actually important, is needed...
The idea was conceived on the anime planet IRC chat by two users, XMrNiceguyX and hotsauce2000. They both decided to watch short things every day together for some reason, I forget why. Anyway three days in I butted in, ChalamiuS joined at some point as well. After a month we stopped for a bit and toyed with the idea of making an actual club page on the forums to allow others to join too and so this thread was started.
Rules
Some simple rules for you all

1. If you have watched something already you can do one of the following:
  • Re watch it
  • Write a review
  • Make at least two recommendations
At the bottom of your review, label it as a Daily Anime Marathon Club review and link the thread. Do not label recommendations.
We encourage people to make decent recommendations and add reviews if they can.

1a. Reviews must be written using the review feature of the site.
1b. Some reviews will be taken as a 'Short Review' depending on the length and content of these reviews.
1c. Recommendations must be written using the recommendation feature of the site.

2. If there is a show in the marathon of which you have seen, written a review and made at least 2 recommendations for you can take a free pass on it.

3. If you watched a series and its sequel(s) that were picked in the marathon, you only need to rewatch/ review/ recommend the first (unless rule 2 applies) and then you'll get an optional free pass for the others. Side and alternate stories do not follow this rule.

4. Everyone is responsible for finding the anime in question each day

5. You have 7 days from a show's announcement to complete it.

6. Once you have finished an anime rate it! Make sure you let us know within those 7 days.

7. All shows must have been watched and reported within 7 days after the last pick is announced.

Post your scores in this thread but if you want to have further discussion on a particular anime then use its specific thread that we will be linking in the announcement posts should they exist.

Some technicalities
Shows will be announced at 12:00 GMT/UTC, there is a countdown timer on the schedule site.
Group watches will take place at 21:00 UTC/GMT.

Final stuff

We will be using the IRC chat and the discord chat whenever we watch stuff together so feel free to join in. Of course you are not obligated to and can watch the anime whenever you want throughout the day.
You can use this thread to post your thoughts as well of course, don't forget those spoiler tags.
Current and past events in the post below by XMrNiceguyX

TACO Points
inyo9rR.png
You can now get points for participating in DAMC events! Make sure you post your contributions in the TACO thread.
You can get [50 Points] for participating.

Rules for Bonus Points
  • clearly label your contributions as a club event (MM, FYAB, DTAB, etc.)
  • you need to make at least 5 recommendations or write a review (choose whichever you prefer) for the series that are a part of the event at that time.
  • recommendations must be made within 3 days of the end of the event
  • you must be at least somewhat active/present during the club events
  • provide a link to the event/thread to confirm eligibility
  • BUT if you didn't participate in the event (because you had already seen the titles, etc), if you hadn't made recommendations already for that series you can add them in the same time frame to get the points. *note: if you delete and re-add recommendations you'll be disqualified and Sothis wont be happy ;)
  • as always, please only make recommendations for SOLID pairings. Don't add bad recs just because you want the points, as that wastes valuable time (for Sothis, who has to struggle with deciding to flag something or not)
Banners
There is one banner for the club that I made. It's very basic as it is my first one so feel free to make better ones if you want, I will be happy to add them here.

sillybanner-tiny.png

damc-teekyuu-big.jpg

damc-teekyuu-small.jpg

Thanks to lindapearl for creating these banners:
IGZU20O.png

Ws5qmLr.png

Thanks to saiyamar for these banners:
damc1.png

damc1small.png

damc2.png

damc2small.png

damc3.png

damc3small.png

damc4.png

damc4small.png

Thanks to AngelBeatsYui for creating these banners:
Tmn0miD.png

UrRarR6.png
Members
members.png

Last edited:
To give people a general idea what this challenge looks like, I will keep track of the past marathons in this post.

Marathon #0: 20 October 2015 - 19 November 2015 (FINISHED)
------------------------------------------------------------------
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #1: 02 January 2016 - 01 February 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #2: 01 March 2016 - 31 March 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #3: 01 June 2016 - 01 July 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)
Marathon #4: 01 September 2016 - 01 October 2016 (FINISHED)
STATISTICS (click here)

Last edited:
I love that banner though. It was the clear " winner" in our first month :D

It's super basic as it is my first one so feel free to make better ones if you want, I will be happy to add them here.
e2SurNP.png

Well... I'll take you up on that offer.
sillybanner-tiny.png
Full size here
You might want to pick a colour that doesn't hurt to look at. It'll look better if there's no sharp edges (look around the edges of the letters in yours).

Other than that, yay, silly club shenanigans. I just hope I have enough free time in January to not have to catch up with 5 shorts each weekend, haha.

Yaargh! Super excited about this one. Let's watch some rubbish together! :D
Let's hope nothing was as bad as Vampire Holmes was!

Last edited:
Well... I'll take you up on that offer.
sillybanner-tiny.png
Full size here
You might want to pick a colour that doesn't hurt to look at. It'll look better if there's no sharp edges (look around the edges of the letters in yours).

Other than that, yay, silly club shenanigans. I just hope I have enough free time in January to not have to catch up with 5 shorts each weekend, haha.

Let's hope nothing was as bad as Vampire Holmes was!

Looks good. I'll replace it in the main post since the letters do look better.

Last edited:
I would like to give this a go. If they are all short I don't see why I can't manage it. :P

Also I will probably have a go at a banner at some point soon for you in large and thin versions. I'm writing a 4000 word essay right now though so it will be whenever it is finished or if I find time on a writing break. :drink:

I'm in =D Though I'd ask you to keep us away from Yoji Kuri's shorts, those are pure DTAB material.

The fact that you mentioned them might be enough to have them be noticed and picked. Whoops! :D Did a quick check for you and none of his shorts are in my lists of things I intend to pick from, so there's that.

Goes without saying that there will be a great variety of genres being watched though, so do be aware of that. Good thing is that the things are short, so you won't be stuck to them for much more than an hour. :D

I would like to give this a go. If they are all short I don't see why I can't manage it. :P

Also I will probably have a go at a banner at some point soon for you in large and thin versions. I'm writing a 4000 word essay right now though so it will be whenever it is finished or if I find time on a writing break. :drink:

Of course, whenever you have the time. I will add it up to the main post whenever you are able to get them done.

I'm in =D Though I'd ask you to keep us away from Yoji Kuri's shorts, those are pure DTAB material.

Excellent, glad to have you both on board!

Easiest way is to use the "Chat Room" button at the bottom of the main page, but chat-clients are probably better for elongated use.

That having said, joining the IRC isn't a requirement, but people are always welcome to do so of course. We'll probably drop a message in here if we're about to start watching the "assignment" ourselves.

You'll only get the shows that have been done and the next one up. So it should be empty for everyone ;)

Back